Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Making things: Cinnamon Sugar Cookies

**Blogging while an overheated baby is attached to me**

I like to cook. If you know me in the real world, this is quite a coincidence.

Enough about that though.

You've noticed my photos, yeah?

You might have seen that all the pictures of Honey have a theme and that theme is that there are numbers in each of her pictures.

Go have a look, there's numbers in all Honey's photos. I'll wait for you to come back.

*waits*

Totally borrowed this picture from mama makes from scratch.
As today is the 16th January, I've hit a patch of uninspiration (it's a word, look it up), and I can't think of how I want to put the 16 into today's picture that I haven't already done, then I thought I'd make some number cookies and get V to decorate/eat them.

So zooming around the webs to find vegan-ish cookies to bake, I stumbled over this recipe at mama makes from scratch for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies which were totally not what I wanted to make, but I am a sucker for cinnamon. Once I bought an entire jar of cinnamon boiled lollies from the lolly shop at Sovereign Hill in Ballarat and revelled in their cinnamony spicy bitie-ness. The cookies from this recipe are similar to Mrs Field's Cookies, which I used to buy at Eastland in Melbourne, but I'm not sure where you get them now.

Anyway, I made these cookies and they are delicious! I left a comment on the blog saying so (if you've come from mama makes from scratch - HELLO!) however, I did change the recipe slightly to cater for Honey's food weirdness and used Nuttelex instead of the organic butter.

They must be alright because I've eaten a tray of them. Not good considering I am now a gym junkie.

The moral of this post: Make these biscuits and then eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment